Preview a Draft Post in WordPress
This is a short video to show how to preview a post in a WordPress site. WordPress has quite a few options for you, just to do with saving and publishing a post. If you aren’t ready to publish, you can save as a draft. This might be handy if you haven’t got time to finish what you are writing or if someone else is collaborating or approving the text.
- This is how to preview a post that is saved as a draft in your WordPress site.
- This is the site Dashboard
- Yours may look slightly different depending on your user level.
- Over here in the left-hand column go to All Posts
- And here is our list of posts which when you hover over one,
- you get Edit, Quick Edit, Trash and Preview as the available options.
- You might not see every one of those options it will depend on your role or user level.
- Here is one of the series of Draft Posts, Second Day of Christmas.
- There is another, First Day of Christmas, both waiting to be reviewed and published.
- So, if you want to view the post, just click the Preview option.
- That will take you to the post but as it is not yet published,
- you can only see them when you are logged in.
- Now let’s go back the our list of posts using the Back button.
- And if you are keen to have a go at editing you just have to select that option
- And there is the post in the editor; a bit like a basic word processor.
- All you do is click in the box and type away.
- When you have finished what you wanted to change, you must
- remember to save your draft up here. It is very important.
- Don’t use the publish button
- unless you are absolutely certain the post is ready to publish.
- So we are done here. Hope that helps